The OYF committee has been busy working on plans for this year’s 2018 Regional Event.
The event will be taking place in conjunction with Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show in
Woodstock on September 11th. We are changing things up a bit for this year and we are
excited to share those changes with you. Here’s what’s taking place:
• An OYF luncheon with honourees, alumni, and sponsors will be taking place at the
Special Events Tent on September 11th at noon. This will be a great time to meet this
• Honouree presentations will start at 1pm in the Special Events tent after the luncheon.
Please join us as we learn about these amazing people and their farm businesses and
achievements. It will be a most informative afternoon session that will be open to all
farm show attendees. The winner will be announced following the presentations and
we will have an opportunity for visiting and networking at this time.
• A formal dinner will be taking place at the Elm Hurst Inn in Ingersoll on Tuesday
evening to celebrate our honourees. Dinner tickets are $40 each. There are a very
limited number of seats available for this dinner and they may sell out quickly.
• The OYF AGM will take place Wednesday, September 12th at 9am at the Elm Hurst
• Due to a shortage of rooms available at the Elm Hurst Inn, a block of rooms are set
aside at the Four Points Sheraton in London for September 10th and 11th. Please call
the Four Points directly by August 1st at 519-681-0600 to book your room.
• To RSVP for the luncheon, free admission to the Farm Show, and to reserve your seat
for the formal dinner on Tuesday evening, please contact Christina Pyke by August
30th, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 613-561-5824 (text friendly).
Memories from the 2017 Regional Event
All Regional Event photos were taken by
Bethany at Farm Boy Productions - Thank you!
For a list of committee members of the Ontario Outstanding Young Farmers Program click here